Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Week 3, Tuesday 3.3-3.4

The reading was pretty dry but necessary. Congruent and inverse in mod form was quite interesting and familiar. They apply the same rules of what it means to be inverse in mod form. They also generalize inverse, so that an inverse of a mod number can be multiplied by that number in the with the same mod n to cancel out that number when doing multiplication. I also thought the part about fractions was interesting. I didn't grasp what fractions meant in mod until I read the examples.

I found the chinese remainder theorem intersting and it was quite useful to have the T.A. go over it before we did the reading. It made the reading a lot more interesting and understandable. The examples in the book also make the theorem easier to understand. The only concern is, when are you coming back? The midterm is approaching rapidly and I feel my questions haven't been answered and a review by you would be most helpful. Your way of explaining things makes the information click. Let me know if you have extra sessions when you get back. I will surely attend!

No comments: